1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

CLEAN DECK AND MO DECK, anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Diddy, May 7, 2011.

1. Diddy

Diddy LawnSite Member

Hi i was wondering of anyone uses clean deck or mo deck on the bottom of your mower decks, or maybe u use something else. Please let me know. Thanks for the help

2. jnrogers

jnrogers LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I use fluid film. When I shut the blades off the grass just slides right out.

3. Diddy

Diddy LawnSite Member

ok so if you cut wet grass it isnt a problem because the grass slides right off when your done?

4. jnrogers

jnrogers LawnSite Member
    from East TN

For the most part yes. In the heavy spring cuttings when its wet you might have to get a puddy knife, but you just have to sort of wipe it around you dont have to put any effort into it. I also use it on my tractor implements and my locks and other stuff. I like it so far. Its about 8 bucks a can. One thing to be careful of is when you cut wet grass be sure not to turn the blades off in someones driveway it will leave a pile of green grass and stain it.

5. Diddy

Diddy LawnSite Member

thank you. how many times do you have to apply it

6. jnrogers

jnrogers LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I sharpen my blades every 25hrs and coat under the deck then. I have 3 mowers and several tractor implements and I go through around 3 to 4 cans a year.