Clean Machine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by springman26, Jul 11, 2003.

1. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

I was curious how often and how do you go about cleaning off your machines. I was cleaning my w/b the other day and almost wanted to wax the deck. Am I nuts? Anybody ever try this?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We power wash all the mowers once a week. Simonize? Trucks yes...mowers, nope.
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I am very organized person (read clean freak). I clean the mowers at least once a week and wax them 3 times a year. I would do this more often but I don't have time.

4. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

Once a Week, occasional waxing went im in no hurry.
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Once a year in the fall before Matt puts them away.

In all honesty there just isn't the time. Scraping decks, sharp blades, and keeping up with the maintenance is the only thing Matt is concerned with. Matt will blow the grass off the decks though.

This year has been especially busy and with more rain, I don't see us slowing down any time soon. Matt's not finishing up until after dark as it is, I sure don't see him taking the time to wash the equipment when it will only get dirty the next day.
  6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I powerwash my stuff about once a month, and blow everything off weekly. I've never waxed my mowers but I might try. I need to repaint my mower though first when I make some time.
  7. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have never bought anything as expensive as my toro.. My car was $1000 less. So being that i have never spent so much on 1 single thing before, i really take care of it.

I clean the clippings off after every use.. and i give it a good cleaning every week.
  8. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I blow them off every day but quit washing them several years ago. Have not had to replace an electrical switch or component in eight years!
  9. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I blow mine off every day, scrape the deck at least once a week and wash it down once a week
  10. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I wash once per week (10 min.) and blow off clippings after each cut.