1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clean machineon ebay

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by neversatisfiedj, Nov 18, 2007.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

What are those hours considered......moderate? Little high? What are these machines good for hourly speaking?

Flipped 630hrs on my T190 yesterday. Heck, 'blue' has I think 5500hrs. I know people running machines with 2,000ish hours.......what is the point where you start to say 'hey thats high' or at least gett'n there? Cars for example, 100,000 miles is kinda like the marker that you expect yeah its in good condition but you know the mileage is up there and its maybe 2/3 through its life or at least you know to expect a few things to go wrong.
  3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a clean machine it is hard to tell by pictures but is doesn't look abused. Either somebody has spend allot of time cleaning it up or it was used for something else besides working in harsh conditions.

As for the hours the machine looks like it was used 54 8 hour days a year which really isn't much.

Isn't this machine belong to a member here ?
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The machine has been repainted which in pictures can hide a lot of things. I am not saying it is not clean it appears so just photos don't reveal a lot of things. That is why I like Iron Planet, every machine if desired by the seller is inspected and warrantied to be what it is sold as. Makes me feel better. Buying equipment off of E-bay seems more risky than what is acceptable to me.
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That machine was used big time, look at the sprocket teeth, lots of wear there and the teeth are worn down, that little machine looks like another "polished turd".
  6. desii

desii LawnSite Member

Yeah. Take a look at the "sellers other items" and you can see that they have used alot of Cat yellow paint!! Along with new stickers, too. JMO.
  7. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you on Iron Planet. I also think alot of these sellers out here get alot of thier equipment from places like the auctions. I'm trying to decide wheather to buy a mini or not.
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

10. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Sure, its been painted, sure its been used but, as I always say when a customer starts getting real picky ( I run out of patients sometimes) if you want a new one, go buy one. These things dig, doze, and push for a living, of course they get run hard, thats what their for. Everyone seems to want a diamond at a fire sale price.