1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Clean Mower Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ResslerLawnCare, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

ya like others mentioned, it should not take anywhere near an hour to clean the deck out, and change out blades, maybe 10-15 minutes maximum

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

my paint is long gone under the deck. it's not from water though it's from the sand in the soil here. :laugh:

3. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

Clean it and put some Graphite coating on it to save it man.

I just got done with all my jobs today usually would of been 1:30 to 2:30 with old mower knocked them out in 3hrs and 45mins with the new deere WOWSERS

4. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

5 in 1 tool to clean. Sand will do that to blades.

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

not worried about the deck really. the mower will be useless by the time the deck wears out. :laugh:

6. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

Well it can help save the deck and also make it easier to clean with graphite on

7. ResslerLawnCare

ResslerLawnCare LawnSite Member

I think that the weather this year is about 3/4 of my problem.

8. ResslerLawnCare

I have never had such a problem in the past. I typically pressure wash the decks every other week and inspect the blades. This year, every other day I am pressure washing out the deck.

I do have to say that we are having a lot more rain in North Dakota then we have had in the past.

9. ResslerLawnCare

Thanks to everyone for the advise! I do know that I need to spend more time doing repairs and keeping the mowers clean.

10. The Grass Master

The Grass Master LawnSite Member

The best answer is buy a Walker. Flip two levers and the deck tilts up 90 deg. to be easily cleaned.