Clean or not clean

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Nov 7, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

How do you keep your equipment?

Shine it up after and make it look new and pampered.
    Or, Let it show it's scars from everyday battles.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

who has time to clean up equiptment? only the analretentave!

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

powerwash every now and then, I'm more concerned with changing oil and filters than it shining:)

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the employees wash the equipment on rainy days about 1 time per month, trucks are to get washed weekly, decks scraped daily when they change blades, everything gets painted at the end of the year.

5. mowmasteruk

mowmasteruk LawnSite Member

I have good intentions regarding cleaning vans and equipment but sadly work keeps getting in the way. My other problem is that we have our depot on a farm and in summer the yard is like a dustbowl with all the movement of tractors and machinery about the place so the vans, which are in a black livery, get covered in yellow dust. In winter the roads into the depot are muddy so any attempts at cleaning are soon spoiled.

6. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I maintain my equipment in top shape. I Very seldom wash it.water is the enemy of bearings seals and other moving metal parts. Proper maintainance and lubrication are key to long life and and easy parts disassembly when required.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Trucks are completely washed each weekend and all the mowers are power washed as well.

8. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

all clean here new (used) exmark gets new paint and decals this week

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

dont get me wrong-i do pm too i just dont care what it looks like . it rains so much in fla that my stuff gets a bath that way -weather i like it or not. water in the gas is a real problem .in a city this size it can take a 1/2 hr to drive home in the rain.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

trucks are cleaned every week, and equipment every week to two weeks