1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clean Up Before Doing a New Install

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by prodesignfx, Nov 6, 2005.

1. prodesignfx

prodesignfx LawnSite Member

I have a beast of a job ahead of me. This will be the first time I've done anything this big. It involves pulling up alot of hedges, holly's, shrubs and trees. I know about what to charge on the install side of things, but I'm clueless on the Removal. How would I bill this out? I don't even know how long it is going to take me to get it all cleaned up. There are about 40 different things that have to come out, all of it old growth. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
  2. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

tell them that for maintenance and tear outs your company bills by the man hour. We bill at $28/man hour plus a dumping fee at whatever you feel compensates for the dump which we go $50 per trailor in most cases. This is rather cheap by the way because we are located on a farm and dump free. hope this helps.