Clean-up leaves weekly

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LCME, Sep 1, 2004.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

I have a weekly mowing customer who asked me to keep the leaves off the lawn each weekly mowing service until all the leaves have fallen. This customers back yard is small 25x75. But, the yard is outlined with woods with a ton of leaves. The customer said I can blow the leaves into the woods so I do not have to pick up. But, I may have to bag and dump in the woods after blowing leaves into the woods. I have no idea how much leaves will fall weekly. Would you charge a little extra for weekly clean-ups to just blow leaves into the woods and/or bag and dump in the woods. How much to charge?. Any advise on how to handle the clean-up and costs with this customer. Thanks, LCME

2. Outsiders Lawn Artists

Outsiders Lawn Artists LawnSite Member

If you blow into the woods they will be back the next day for sure.You might want to bag them up, to save time next week. Just charge a flat rate depending on the size of the yard. Maybe 3/4 price of a maint. job.? just a thought.

3. LCME

Do you mean 3/4 price of weekly mowing. Please give more detail on how you would price. Thanks, LCME

4. Outsiders Lawn Artists

sure, if it is a 50.00 mow job. then tell them .. ok folks, to take care of those leaves in the fall/winter, will run you 35-40.00. if you see that it takes more time to leaf than it does to mow then reverse it. by the end of the season it will average out to your advantage any way you do it. good luck

5. Outsiders Lawn Artists

im sorry 50.00 is just an example, 25x75 is less than a 50.00 job i would guess. but the math works.

6. LCME

I think I got it now. Lot size is 18000 sq ft. Weekly mow $30. If the customer wants the leaves cleaned up on my weekly mowing. Then, I charge $30 plus 3/4. Total $52.50 for weekly mowing and leaf pick-up. Thanks Outsiders Lawn Artists for clarifying.