1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clean up & some tree trimming

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mowerman111, Dec 19, 2004.

1. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

Heres some pictures of a leaf clean up and a tree shaping job, on the leaf clean up we mulch all the leaves into the lawn, we didn't even fill up the hopper on the walker on the last pass.

clean up.jpg

clean up after.jpg

tree before.jpg

tree during.jpg

tree after.jpg
  2. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Very nice work on the tree trim!
  3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great man. That tree looks perfect. What did you do exactly on the cleanup? Just blow out the beds and collect the leaves with the Walker?
  4. mowerman111

Thanks--Yea we blew everything out but the point was that we didn't haul any leaves off we mulched them back into the lawn it sure saves on trips to the landfill and the customers are happy because they know its good for the soil.
  5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

The shrub looks like a giant egg! Nice and symetrical...........great work!

I can't get over how you warm season guys can mulch the leaves back into the lawn. Couldn't ever do that where I live!
  6. mowerman111

I found a another pic of the tree on the other side of the yard I will post it tomorrow... So what happens if ya'll mulch the leaves there where your at?
  7. mowerman111

Here is the other tree on the other side of the yard. These pictures were actually taken a couple of years ago, the trees are no longer there they have a new home in another yard, they were transplanted with a tree spade, the funny part is that I have trimmed them since they have been moved and they look ever bit as good.

8. jimmyq

jimmyq LawnSite Member

Looks good from here!
    One suggestion; you may want to invest in an orchard ladder if you are going to do lots more trims like this, I think they are a bit more stable than the A-frame in an outdoor setting.a 12 or 14 footer will get you up to most places just fine.
  9. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Also think of a exstended trimmer will keep you off the ladder more.

Good job!!!!!!!!!
  10. mowerman111

oh I dont use nothing but the extended trimmers anymore, I have about five pairs between my three trucks, I wouldn't give you a dime for the ones in the picture anymore, like I said we did that work a couple of years ago. Thanks