clean ups..who's almost done?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cklands, Nov 25, 2003.

1. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Yea rtyus, we just got our first freezing temps monday night and still plenty of leaves up in the air. The ground had dew on it but it was not frost at 5am when I got up so I think we still have a few weeks of grass to mow over here.

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Some tree pruning and mulching left at one commercial account, about 2 days work, and a re-do of another commercial property that I did last weekend and not all the leaves had fallen. Went to see it today and it looked as if no one had been there for weeks. Leaves everywhere. Sometimes we have to be smarter than the leaves.

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Just getting started on cleanups here. The trees just did not want to lose their leaves this year. Still mowing grass, mulching, plantings. Will be busy until christmas alteast and maybe after that as well.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Finished clean-ups today, get the plows ready next week.

Gene

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Our cleanups are about over here. we should finish up tomorrow and then it's shop and snow time... Happy turkey day all............

6. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

After turkey day,I do a final cleanup including mowing the lawns and applying fertilizer and thats it.I have a couple of seeding jobs and a tree to cut down,and thats it.I usually stop around Dec. 15 every year unless there is snow. I cant wait to get up at 9 or 10 in the morning if i feel like it. :)

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Hoping by next week if all goes as plan. Starting to get annoyed by the leaf box on my truck, lol.

8. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have another weeks worth of cleanups left then I have a pavers walk to do, a 3 day clearing job and possibly a clearing job for a builder I do work for depending on how soon the project is ready to go and probly a planting job then that should finish of the year I guess. I have probly 2-4 more weeks left.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

finished my last two today. I am now just waiting for late callers. Heck I had to salt sidewalks this morning because of ice

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Just did my last yesterday.......the leaves were nicely frozen in the gutters.......But it was all worth it....I averaged over $70 /hour this year on clean-ups. I work alone and price by the job. I really improved my estimating this year.

Derek