1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by lsylvain, Feb 15, 2001.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

How does everyone price for clean ups. By hour or sq/ft.
    What kind of rates. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
  2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Price per hour + dump fees/time + hassle factor(wet,dirty yard,obstacles,etc). COme up with the overall price and quote that not the hourly rate.
  3. mike

mike LawnSite Member

My start up price for cleaning is not less than double the price I charge for mowing. Once I get that, then I estimate what I think it would cost me , times amount of workers per hour + dump fee. Compare the two rates, then bid whats best for you!! Keep in mind the extent of cleanup your dealing with,(ditches, pine needles, limbs, etc. I hope this helps you!!!! Keep in mind that you may be able to give a little price break to a "GOOD, REGULAR" customer, because you know you'll be getting more work from them. Have a gooooooooood day!!!!!!!
  4. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

I min charge is twice the cost of the cut + dump fees and hassel charge.
  5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

For me most seem to fall into the $100-300 range.
  6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

By the hour!!! There are too many variables especially for leaf clean-up. One day the leaves will all be completely dry, you give them a price, you go to do the job a week later, it has rained for 3 days, now the leaves are soaking wet. Now the job will take at least double the time, but you already gave a price for how they looked at the time of the estimate. You only get paid for half of what the job should pay. I learned the hard way. Customers dont always like to pay by the hour, but usually if you explain this to them they completely understand.

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Per day,what do i want to make...if it takes me 8 hours i charge a full good days cuttings +some and added expenses ie.fuel,hauling,tipping fees,bags,etc etc
  8. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I charge by the hour plus the dump fee. I have found there are to many variables

9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

mostly by the hour but some customers want a full price bid i always leave myself extra time if i do it that way. seems once i explain they figure hourly is the better way to go.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I estimate what it will cost. How many hours, dumping fee(s), and equipment used, then I give a lump sum estimate. This way, if I sit down for a few, or take a break, I don't have to worry about the customers being concerned about what they're paying "by the hour". I can take whatever time necessary and do it right, and STILL make a bundle.