1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clean ups

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dave655, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, I'm sixteen and just started in business. I wanted to know what basic equipment you should have for spring, and fall cleanups.

Thanks, Dave
  2. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

rakes, green barrels, tarps, strong backpack blowers- redmax, mowers that can suck up leaves, a leaf loader would be nice if you have the money for it, and a truck to hold all the debri.
  3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Spring some times requires dethatching fall does not. Also spring is done to a higher standard you may not chase every last leaf in fall in spring you do. If the lawns are large and open you will also want a large push blower 8-16 hp I would recomend 10 -13 for your first one. I picked up a great little 10 hp giant vac last Nov for $775
  4. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, you answered my question perfectly. Dave
  5. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I use a rake, blower, and my mower. Has done the job for me. No yards big enough to constitute a push blower.
  6. ollie212@tds.net

ollie212@tds.net LawnSite Member

i have found out over the years that if u can afford. to buying a collection unit for your z-turn rider it makes things go alot faster .. we have 3 of our z-turns equiped with them ..