Cleaning A White Enclosed Trailer??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by xclusive, Oct 14, 2010.

1. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

What does everyone use to clean their enclosed trailers? I have a white trailer that gets these dark acid rain spots running down the side from the roof. My trailer dealers said it is caused by the acid rain in NJ hitting the aluminum on my trailer then running down the sides. It really aggravating not being able to remove these marks cause it makes my trailer look like crap!!

2. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

i use F13 its actually made to remove streaks from gutters but works great on trailer, makes it look like new, spray on and wipe with a brush. i wash it afterwards with wash and wax to help it stay clean longer.

Link to pressuretek

http://www.pressuretek.com/fgugr1ga.html

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Bingo keep a good coat of wax on them.

4. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Simple Green cleans everything for me.

5. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

a little bar keepers secret works wonders. not to much pressure or you'll scratch the whole thing.

6. xclusive

Thanks guys for the replies. Im gonna try simple green since it easy to get a hold of. If that doesnt work then I will try another suggestion.

Do you dilute it? Also do you wash the trailer first or after you get done using the simple green?

7. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I never dilute it for anything. Whatever your cleaning I always rinse it down first then use the SG, let it soak for a few minutes and scrub.

My enclosed is gray and it doesn't have this problem. That's the main reason I went with gray.

8. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a Blue Beacon near you? I take mine their, they wash the truck and acid wash the trailer for $30. It gets all the streaks off and it cleans all the aluminum.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

If you ever take anything to the Streakin' Beacon, go over it very well and make sure they rinse well with fresh water not recycled.

10. xclusive

No I do not have a blue beacon in my area.