cleaning equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bababooie, Mar 17, 2002.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

what type of cleaning material do you use to clean your mowers throughout the year?what works the best.:blob3:

2. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

I use Simple Green on everything,I works good and its smells nice.I have a 2 gallon garden sprayer that I keep filled with it.:alien:

3. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Power Wash, spray Simple Green and power wash again.

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Pull in to a car wash- $5 usually will do my turf tiger,sentar and w/b +trimmers edgers and blowers. Do this every friday and it stays good. Once a month spend $7 and be a little more thorough.$20 a month to keep it looking nice and much easier to work on seems well worth it to me.

5. AndyL

AndyL LawnSite Member

I used to be able to keep my equipment super clean...

At the end of every day (at least at the start of the season) when I brought the mowers so I could sharpen the blades, I'd put the pressure washer to good use. On top, and especially underneath! If you did it every day, the built up crud, was gone with no help... Otherwise, just a little sunlight soap, in water, and a scrub brush... The sunlight soap cuts grease really well, and is dirt cheap :)

Andy

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simple Green and power washer. Be careful using anything more than 3000 p.s.i. (unless you don't mind have all of the your equipment's decals removed).

7. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Powerwasher and the purple cleaner. Simple green works well too. Remember to lubricate well after all the powerwashing. Particularly throttle cables and those spots where water gets into that you wouldn't even think that it will. Too much washing can be a bad thing too!

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

got a question what u guys do to get under the mower, like ur push mowers?

9. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

For push mowers I just flip em over and hose them down. This is critical during rainy weather.

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

flip as in on side? dont u have to worry about gas coming out or getting into places it shouldnt or anything like that at all?