cleaning gutters

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnguy268, Jan 22, 2007.

1. lawnguy268

lawnguy268 LawnSite Member

when some of you guys clean gutters , how do you go about doing this do you use a backpack blower or a hand held blower. and does insurance cover that aswell or is that seprate. just wondering

thanks

2. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

Shop vac with an extention on a 50 gal. drum so i dont have to go up and down a ladder all day.

3. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

If the roof is too steep to walk on you have to go up and down a ladder anyway but that's a neat Idea.

I've done thousands and basically you clean by hand into a pail then hose them out making sure the down spouts are unplugged.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i use my blower and a pressure washer!

5. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

KrazyKajun, I've used my pressure too and always make a mess, debris everywhere maybe i'm doing it wrong:confused:

6. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

My way is pretty quick and easy...go up on the roof with a back pack blower...blow all the junk on the lawn, blow out the downspouts, climb down, run over the leaves with my bagger on the mower and I am done...

7. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

pressure washing is a different service and should be an additional charge...

8. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

Dekalb wrote:Shop vac with an extention on a 50 gal. drum so i dont have to go up and down a ladder all day.

Dekalb,
    Can you post a picture of you rig.
    Thanks,
    tony58

9. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

i can see if i can take one in the morning and upload it for you.

10. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

thats exactly what i do, i make alot of money from that and its really easy