Cleaning Gutters

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grassyguy, Mar 27, 2008.

1. grassyguy

grassyguy LawnSite Member

How do you get the drain that runs from the bottom of the gutter out to the street to unclog. Cant get it with just a hose. Any suggestions.

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Every time i cleaned gutters it always worked with a hose. But i have heard of people using something called a snake cleaner?? they use it alot in plumbing. its a flexible pipe w/ an attachment for unclogging drains, pipes etc etc..

3. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Sometimes you have to take them apart and sometimes you have to take the sprayer off the hose and snake it into the gutter (with the water running) like a roto rooter.

4. r_d337

r_d337 LawnSite Member

I only clean gutters when it hasn't rained in at least a week. Then I get on the roof with my backpack blower and blow everything out. (you can't do this if they are full of water). As far as cleaning the down spouts just stick the end of your blower in there, and everything will come out. I cleaned 28large fourplexes that were EXTREMELY dirty and plugged in not more then 10 hours with my back pack blower. Gutters are good money if you know how to do them right. I made $150 bucks an hour on that big job. Remember if you are blowing out gutters with a backpack, you may have to do some minor cleanup on the ground after.

5. r_d337

r_d337 LawnSite Member

I only clean gutters when it hasn't rained in at least a week. Then I get on the roof with my backpack blower and blow everything out. (you can't do this if they are full of water). As far as cleaning the down spouts just stick the end of your blower in there, and everything will come out. I cleaned 28large fourplexes that were EXTREMELY dirty and plugged in not more then 10 hours with my back pack blower. Gutters are good money if you know how to do them right. I made $150 bucks an hour on that big job. Remember if you are blowing out gutters with a backpack, you may have to do some minor cleanup on the ground after.