Cleaning gutters.

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Lawncutting27, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Lawncutting27

Lawncutting27 LawnSite Senior Member

Which pressure washer would you recommend for cleaning the inside of gutters with an telescopic pole?

Also, as far as cleaning the outside of the eaves, I know you need a detergent, eclover or whatever, but, do you need to scrub the gutter with a brush? and what PSI would you recommend for the power washing?

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Why don't you just take a backpack blower, get up on the roof and clean them out. It'd be way cleaner, and then when you're done you can take a preassure washer, and do it...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Lawncutting27

I used to do that but they have changed all the laws around here. Now you cannot walk on a roof unless it's 4/12 pitch, you need 3 point ladder contact at all times. Fall arrest for anything over 10 feet, a footer for any ladder work more then 24 feet. Basically, I want to do everything from the ground.

4. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

where are you located?

5. Lawncutting27

Manitoba...

6. Scottwash

Scottwash LawnSite Member

get a 10 ft step ladder, I would use the blower instead on the pressure washer. All down spouts use a U attach to your pw to clear them out.

7. ajslands

Oh no :eek: hopefully Santa won't get arrested again!

That's a dumb law! Is that's OSHA? Or local ord.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Lawncutting27

You can only use a blower maybe 10% of the time. How many people are going to let you blow crap all over their yard? and what good is a 10ft step ladder? for ANYTHING? I threw out a 12ft step years ago because they are useless and big and bulky.

The only time I use a blower is when I'm going to do the fall leaf clean up right after wards.

This thread is about using a high pressure telescoping pole to do eaves.

9. ajslands

10. Lawncutting27

No, that's exactly what I'm buying with the 24ft pole. This is what I want to do, the first tool cleans out the muck (I might use a vacuum for that) and then he power washes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsmF7EN2FpU