Cleaning gutters.

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Lawncutting27, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Scottwash

Scottwash LawnSite Member

It looks nice But what happens when you have a full gutter. There wasnt even a tree near by. You wouldnt last a hour.

I dont use my 24yellow pw pole any more, no reason to. But I was going to give it to my local hack. But if you want it I sell it to you.:laugh:

2. certified roof wash

certified roof wash LawnSite Member

Leaf blowers work best for cleaning gutters. Here in Maryland there is no crazy laws like that about walking roofs, either to clean gutters or wash roofs.

3. Scottwash

Scottwash LawnSite Member

Do you use a hand held blower or a back pack on the roof?

Right now Iam using the hand held blower.

4. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i have place i do 398 ft of rain gutters i do it every year i do it with backpacker blower and i do ii with fall clean up

5. certified roof wash

Personal preference. I like the hand helds. I tried the backpack and its sitting in the shed.

6. Mike B.

Mike B. LawnSite Member

When I,m cleaning out gutters ( in Saint Augustine FL) all my customers request that the gutters are not blown out, with the debris all over the yard, patois and walkways.
    I clean the gutters out by hand, putting the debris in a bucket and than empty the bucket into a bag.
    A few years ago I saw a contractor blowing the gutter out with a pressure washer and he made a giant mess.

7. certified roof wash

I have customers that have them blown out with leaf blower and I have some, for additional charge removed by hand, bagged, taken away or left on their property.

A power washer, to clean the gutters would work, then you got to rise the house for free. lol!!!

8. Certified MD Roof Cleaner

Certified MD Roof Cleaner LawnSite Member

I'm with you Mike B. All my gutter cleanouts are done by hand. I put the debris in buckets and either empty it into a trash bag and carry off site, or empty them into a wooded area on the property. I then flush all gutters and downspouts using the pressure washer with a ball valve. This allows alot of water flow with little pressure and no mess. By doing cleanouts this way I can charge a premium price. I wouldn't want leaves and debris blown all over my yard and flower beds, so I'm sure my customers don't want it either.