Cleaning Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Feb 23, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a scag tiger cub, its got 600 hrs its dirty. I spray it down 2-3 times a month with a power washer but its not clean. do you guys know of anything besides DEGREASER that will get this thing shining?

2. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

Castrol makes a some that works really good you can pick it up at walmart or a parts store

3. Grass King

Grass King LawnSite Member

Castrol Super Clean works real good.:dancing:

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I use a Micro Sheen. Just get it wet and it will take off grass, dirt, and grease. It will make your machine look like brand new.

5. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Greased Lightning full strength.

6. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

do you guys own pressure washers or just go to the car wash and spray em down?

thinking of buying one!

7. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I use Wesley's Bleach White. You can find this at any automotive store or Wal Mart. It's made to clean tires and wheels. I spray my equipment down then spray with the bleach white. I use a pressure washer to spray down again and it looks like new.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Pressure washers never should be used on a mower....unless you like to change spindles and bearings prematurely.

9. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

All my equipment is blown free of clippings and debris at the end of each day. Then at the end of the work week, car wash here I come. All the equipment is also waxed monthly.:usflag:

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

always rememebr to grease after you wash, that way you can force out any water which may have gotten into the greasable points.