Cleaning my deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I've got my hustler set up for mulching and it is collecting alot of grass under the deck to the point were it needs cleaned off every day. It hardens up to fast to scrape it all off. Do you guys recommend using a pressure washer for just the deck. Would that be okay? THanks for any advice.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

pressure washer, then grease real good.... i just picked up a cub tank... it has two places to hook up a hose so you can run the blades and the waterfrom the intake will clean the deck..... pretty cool

3. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't know they put them on the tanks. I thought it was mostly residential. I don't know about pressure washing. you could run the risk of destroying the seals.

4. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you use Fluid Film on a clean deck, it will really help keep grass from clumping, as well as keep that deck corrosion free. Fluid Film remains slick, leaving a wet, non-drying film on the surface that imbeds into the pores of the metal, setting up a barrier of protection and lubrication. will not get gummy or sticky, so grass and debris will not build up or clump. Here's what a few of our customers had to say:

"The mower deck which was rusted and when wet would really build up with grass, now clumps very little and what does stick just falls off without hardly a scrape...Truly a great product" - Roald Hughes

"I also read that if you cleaned all the grass off the inside lawnmower deck and then coat the bare metal with this stuff that grass will not stick anymore. I couldn't believe it but after every cut I turn it upside down and I am looking at the metallic surface with no grass stuck anywhere." - Rick Hartunian

Check out our forum for more information.

5. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Ive got the mulch kit on mine too and have been having a few problems with that too but not that bad but we havent had rain in forever.Just cleaned a pile out of it yesterday.Ask yours, but my dealer said not to pressure wash.