Cleaning permeable paver driveway

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jmkr02, Sep 24, 2013.

1. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

I was interested if anyone has cleaned a permeable paver surface on a small scale. I am looking to clean a few of our driveway installs 500-4000sq ft of permeables. I know to clean parking lots they use an indutrial vac truck but i think that would be overkill and expensive. I wasnt too sure of using our truck mounted hot washer on fear of pushing the dirt further into the system. Any ideas?

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

This is why we don't install.them, in absence of the proper vacs, I would do my best with strongest shop vac. I could find. And that just might be fine. If you install them you should have the proper tool to service them. I do not like permeable pavers in absence of proper maintence for what ever reason their purpose will fail.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jmkr02

Thanks for the reply Ill be sure to price in a vac truck into the next job because everyone in the paving business should have one doing permeables. The paver drive is off a dirt road and still functions but a little regular maintenance would be nice. I was just looking to see what other people do, or don't do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Stillwater

What's the cost to have a good vac. Truck come?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jmkr02

Based on the trucks that have done parking lot sweeping for us anywhere from 500 to 600 for 4 hours min including their drive time. It is what it is, but what about non-driveable surfaces, backyards, or tight areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Stillwater

Back yards and small walks and patios your good with a shop vac
    Posted via Mobile Device