Cleaning pine needles in river rock

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by sbebenelli, Apr 19, 2012.

1. sbebenelli

sbebenelli LawnSite Member

I have river rock around areas of my house. I also have pine trees that leave a mess over the winter in my river rock. Would a ECHO Shred 'N' Vac suck the needles up and not the rocks? Any other suggestions on the best way to clean these out of the rock?

This is the one I'm looking at

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Leaf Blower.

Just blow all the needles into the lawn and rake them up. Then pick up any random rocks you pushed out.

Or, just forget it. Use the pine needles as ground cover under the tree and maybe clean up the edges of the thick area of needles.

Otherwise you are just going to battle even harder every year as the trees get bigger.

3. Lawn Fan

Lawn Fan LawnSite Member

I use a Poulan Pro blower vac since it has the best pickup power and the bag does not jam.The vacuum actually works better than my Echo which jams from the outlet tube to the bag.

Am able to go around the pool and suck up all the pine needles. Works great and does not jam. Can't remember the model number but it is the one with the metal shredder blade. Sam's Club had them in stock last year.

I can suck up twigs, acorns, etc with no problem.

Bob

4. sbebenelli

sbebenelli LawnSite Member

Thank you for the replies. My blower is on it's last leg and I'm going to be buying a new one. Just wondered if a blower/vac would be worth the extra.

The tree is already grown and ugly at that.

2012-04-19 19.08.37 (Small).jpg

2012-04-18 18.44.36 (Small).jpg