Cleaning sides of white 24' enclosed trailer? how?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Ive used car wash soap AND then dish soap which is a lot stronger. I plan to fully wax it too but cant even get the grunge off. Its not terrible, but from top to bottom, it has dark/black/grey marks from water dripping down the sides on the bright white trailer. It cant even be scrubbed off with a cloth and soap. What is it or how can it be cleaned off?

Is there something besides automotive stuff to use? i have tons of meguiars waxes and polishes. I think the trailer came non-waxed so id like to clean it to get something on it finally, its only 5~ months old or less.

2. macgyver

macgyver LawnSite Member

I would use Castrol Super Clean,and do a section at a time with a automotive brush and then pressure wash.

3. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

If you can find some Eagle 1 All-Purpose Degreaser, that should handle it. I'm pretty sure it's commercial grade, but you might be able to find it in stores. You'll find a lot more uses for the stuff once you find some too, it's awesome.

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

So is this stuff safe for the trailer panel stock white paint? And is the eagle stuff safe for it? if you guys think itll work its worth a shot. I dont think its grease but maybe it is

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Try using a cleaner wax, most waxes off the counter have good cleaners in them that should pull the stuff off. Do this in a small area to test out.

6. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

acetone but have to do a test spot and will have to wax again. Use as a last resort. Pretty sure it will work.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Go to your local RV dealer and get some "Black Streak Remover". This is a very common problem with campers. If you can't get that, use some "Westley"s Bleach White" tire cleaner. It works great on anything white but just test an inconspicuous spot first and make sure the trailer is wet before you spray it on the sides. :)

8. fireguyva

fireguyva LawnSite Member

I have a 28 foot camper that this happens to all the time. The streaks come from the gunk on the roof draining down. I use this stuff that I get at the dollar store no less. It is called "Awesome". Comes in a spray bottle. Wash the roof first with the stuff then wash the sides. But don't just spray it on the wash it off. Spray the stuff on a rag and wipe. Very little effort required. Works great for me. Then wax the trailer if you wish.

9. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

use GAS. It will take the wax off but you just have to re-wax if you want. Works great on all vehicles that have streaks/tar/paint from the road.

10. Tristan

Tristan LawnSite Member

Offtopic, but do you have a GTP that runs 12s? :)