Cleaning the deck

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mike28nc, Dec 17, 2005.

1. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if anyone has found something to attach to an air drill to clean the deck. I am looking for someting that is not wire/sand paper that I can put on the air drill. Help remove the caked on grass/leaves. I know there has to be something out there that is made our of hard plastic.

Mike

2. Terra-Turf

Terra-Turf LawnSite Member

3. OSDOTF

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

Anyone traveling I-75 through Ohio who are interested in items listed by U.S. Plastics can visit the outlet store at its Neubrecht Rd. factory on the northeast side of Lima, OH. Southbound on I-75, you'll see the factory to right of the interstate. Take the next exit (St Rt 81) and turn right. Turn right again at the first road (Neubrecht Rd.).

4. JCR1709

JCR1709 LawnSite Member

As I read this post I thought, yeah, a very rigid plastic scraper would be the best for the deck. I was at my local home depot and it was staring at me in the face....how about a short handled automotive windshield ice scraper. It is stiff enough to get rid of anything dried on, yet won't scratch the paint. Also, Bondo sells a pretty firm plastic scraper without handles (pack of 3 different sizes) for auto body work. These may be the best way to get into the smaller crevices where a tool with a handle may not reach. I'll find out in the spring time how these work.