Cleaning the truck

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by plowking35, Apr 15, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Well today I spent over 3 hrs washing, waxing,removing road grime, vacuming, polishing,cleaning windows, wiping interior parts and doing an over all detail job on my truck. Nothing like a hard winter to do a number on the truck, I think I even got that coffee cup from way under the seat.
    For those of you that have vinyl mats, here is a tip that may help speed up the cleaning process. When I was vacuming the floor, I removed the majority of the sand and dirt, but quite a bit was still stuck to the floor. I sprayed the areas with simple green, and usually I wipe with a rag, or loosen with a brush. But instead I used the wet vac with a brush attachment and just vacumed up all the residue. When done with that, a quick wipe and it was spotless.
    I did one side of the truck this way and one side the old way, and the vacume was about 15 min faster.
    Dino

2. jimsmowin

jimsmowin LawnSite Member

I HAVE A MAN COME IN EVERY SUNDAY and wash trucks. crew leader is responable for inside.

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Chance of rain or snow for tuesday into wednessday. Some day we will get to cleaning our trucks inside, we do the outside every week or so in the winter.

Geoff

4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

We clean the trucks every week during the winter, but no way its going to get the same TLC that a 65 degree day in April will get. Trust me no wax going to be applied when its 30 outside.
    Also its my personal ride, so I take the time to get the door jambs, the hood area, and armorall the hoses under the hood. I mean a complete detail job. Looks like it came from the dealer, check that better than the dealer.
    Hosed out the wheel wells, and even armoralled the inner liners.
    Now onto the rest of the trucks.
    Dino

5. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Dino when can I send my trucks over:)

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

A backpack blower really gets dirt out of the inside! No kidding. After vacuuming, try blowing it out, you'd be amazed at how much the vacuum missed. You will also find all kinds of "little treasures" that were under the seats.
    Ditto on the Simple Green Dino, that stuff is great. Great for under the hood too. Just have to keep in mind, it removes all Amorall on tires etc., but it gets the tires really clean. It's great for getting off the "haze" mud leaves on tires sidewalls and wheel well liners.

~Chuck

7. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Just dont do that wet vac trick at the car wash! I did and the car wash owner yelled at me for 5 minutes cause I was ruining his vaccum! hehehehe

Peace!

8. 66Construction

66Construction LawnSite Member

I know about those hidden treasures. I found one underneath the tool box. On the job the nearest truck bed is the nearest trash can and on the highway what doesn't blow out blows under the tool box. Well I found what looked like McDonalds breakfsst, wow did it smell after I took the tool box out.
    Casey

9. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Finally got a chance to dig into mine as well on Saturday after I put a new fuel filter in (was almost completely plugged.)

The detail guys at work even let me use this special clay on the paint that takes out airborn contaminants, and rail dust. Let me tell ya, my truck looked awesome... until it rained Saturday night. Ya think I'd learn by now.

-Tim

10. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

I have to wait till May 1st before i can clean some of our trucks.We clean some of the equipment a few weeks ago,but a number of trucks have to wait until snow contracts are over.Wouldn't ya know my personal truck is 1 of the ones which must wait.I may need a backhoe to muck out the inside of my truck.
    John P