Cleaning truck

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in the middle of cleaning my truck, came in for a small break to crack open a beer.

Its been about a month since I cleaned it last. Its nice to see the floor of the bed again.

I wish I had a digital camera. I have well over 300 feet of pipe scraps on my shop flow now :laugh:

I really should do this every weekend, but I rarely have time. The biggest issue is new laborers never seem to figure out where stuff goes and I spend hours reorginizing and digging garbage out of it. :hammerhead:

How often do you all clean your rigs? Does having a van over a utility body truck help?
  2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I throw trash away daily. I wash my truck a few times a year whether or not it needs it. :)
  3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Usually, we clean out the vans at the end of the day. Pull out all the old worn out sprinklers and broken pieces of pvc. A good sweeping too.

In the morning we check stock of every thing on the vans before leaving. I just bought a new van a month or so ago so the newness hasnt worn off.

I try to wash both at least once a week. Got to keep a nice image.
  4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I throw away trash and restock every morning, I'm just talking about the accumulation of pipe scraps and small stuff and fittings that seem to find their way to the floor.
  5. I clean and wash weekly. 2004 F250 utility bed.
  6. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Throw out garbage at the end of the day (including pipe scraps). I wash truck when I'm feeling inspired. I have a utility box and pipe rack on an older truck. Works well.