Cleaning up yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nriddle77, May 24, 2007.

1. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

Toys, hoses, shoes, grills, whatever. Do you move things or pick them up? Or do you feel the customer should get the property ready for your visit?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If it becomes a problem,call the day before you cut. make sure you tell them when you first talk to them that there will be a charge to pick up after them. dont just charge them.

3. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

when i bid a job and i see that there are things scattered in the yard.... i tell them that the only thing i ask is that objects be either moved out of my way or picked up and most are very cool with that. this comes in especally handy for people with kids and toys.

4. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

If there are a few toys or a hose in the yard, I don't mind picking it up, especially since I don't always show up on the same day at the same time every week.

But if you show up regularly, I would call and let them know that it is not your responsibility and that it is costing your business time and money. If they keep leaving things in the yard, call them again and let them know that there will be a charge for cleaning it up.

Hopefully you don't have too many that litter their yard...