1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cleaning white enclosed trailer?? What product to use?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowcrazy, Apr 22, 2011.

1. mowcrazy

mowcrazy LawnSite Senior Member

Well I found a nice 8.5 x 16 enclosed the other day and got a pretty good deal on it but it does need a pretty good cleaning. Its a 2006 model and the fella took it back and forth to florida from ohio for bike week since new. Never washed the trailer once. it has the nasty grimey look running down the sides.

Anyone had any experience with what products work best for cleaning the enclosed trailers??????? I actually took some "mean green" from the dollar store and sprayed a small area and let it sit for a few minutes and then scrubbed it and it worked great, then the wife said that the back of the bottle said not to use it on painted metals.......

Any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks fellas!
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Shiny stuff attracts attention :nono:

Perfect, if it looks like it just came fresh off a 30,000 mile road trip the thieves shouldn't bother you one,
    two the customers might pay you better as they might feel sorry for you, and three it makes it look like
    you might actually have been working.

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

ever heard of "spray nine"? **** works awesome on anything, dont know if its available to you though.
  4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

you can get some aluminum siding wash concentrate at home depot, i washed my travel trailer with it and it works good, it's in a clear gallon jug with green liquid.
  5. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

This is the greatest stuff ever with a little chlorine: http://pressuretek.com/simplecherry.html You can read all up on it in the pressure washing section here on Lawnsite. And for touch ups, I recommend a Magic Eraser from MegaMart.
  6. bc3xx0

bc3xx0 LawnSite Senior Member

7. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

ever heard of car wash soap or dish detergent, you dont have to use a special soap to clean a trailer...come on guys can we have some common sense here
  8. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

9. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

regular car wash might clean the trailer but it doesn't remove the black streaks (common to most white enclosed trailers) running down from the roof. need something a little stronger.
  10. ParkWelding

ParkWelding LawnSite Member

Korkay. Cheap all purpose cleaner that you should be able to get at a boat/RV place. Spray a bunch of it on one side at a time, scrub it down with a long handle brush and hose off. Will look like new. That stuff also works great on work truck floors and grimy interior panels.