1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I have discussed this before, but I went out on a job this morning, suppose to rain 70% chance, get to the customer, I could swear I mowed an acre of Clover......I looked under the mower and this stuff was stuck everywhere, came home pulled it out and jacked it up....took me an hour to get it all off, went to my next job, she watched me unload and was looking at the machine, she had St. Aug....finished and came home...

Question, was I wrong for stopping off and cleaning this thing, or better safe than sorry.....sometimes it feels good to have clean stuff, but its getting old!! :)
  2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

why do you have to go home to clean it. I just reach up in the deck and scrape it out by hand, or use whatever sharp object is handy. Just make sure you clean up the mess before you leave.
  3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had an hour to kill, and was minutes from home..I didn't think it would look good with the mower jacked up in someones front yard, got home, garage is in back of the house, scraper, water hose and knee pads, then scraped the drive and threw the clippings away....it was a mess...maybe someone could come up with a mobile wash unit for mowers.....50 cents, run it through and go....I guess the hour I kill cleaning could be spent drinking a beer in front of the tube...I'll stick to cleaning.... :)
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you leave that lawn for last since it's close to home? then there aren't any unnecessary trips?