Cleanup Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeycats, Feb 24, 2005.

1. joeycats

joeycats LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone could list the steps to take in estimating a spring cleanup.

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

$55 per hour for the first guy, $35 per hour for every guy after that. It's hard to price spring cleanups without doing it buy the hour unless you have really been doing them year after year and know what to look for and exactly how long it's going to take you. Spring Cleanups are an area where you can REALLY make some serious money... or REALLY loose some serious money.

3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

WELL SAID ,and a true fact!

4. billc

billc LawnSite Member

What do you include in your clean-up?

5. joeycats

joeycats LawnSite Member

I have two guys working for me now at $10 an hour. If them (2) and me (1) are working on a job doing a spring cleanup, how much should I make off each guy per hour? How much with me included should i charge an hour?

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

with those 2 working you should be bringing in $125 per hour... at least thats what I bring in. I get $55 per hour for me and $35 each hour for each additional guy.

7. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

Be careful when bidding spring clean-ups. I got into the business mid last season and we were already past spring clean-ups. When this year came around I started bidding clean-up and was quite mistaken on the amount of work involved. Now it is just myself so the work is going to be harder and more involved, but I was bidding $60 for something I thought would take me an hour or two. I've been way wrong :dizzy: . So far I've been averaging about $20- maybe $30 / hr. way to low! I won't make that mistake again payup

8. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I get $40 per man-hour. I don't do any estimates beforehand. They simply pay for however long it takes us. The more work the customer wants done, the more it costs them.

Some people have a really big problem with no estimate beforehand but others don't seem to mind. This way, I never underbid.

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I won't dispute your prices as you know what you need to make but what I don't understand is why is your price cheaper for the second/third guys?If anything costs are less for you but why a discounted rate for employees? If they are using the same equipment, performing similar tasks, depreciating the same equipment, using the same (or similar) transportation, see what I'm getting at. Unless the lower rate is your going rate and you charge a surcharge for your expertise, hmm., never thought of that.

10. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Generally Formen, Supervisor collects the higher per hour rate then the general labourer.