1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

cleanup pricing

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by barcode148, Oct 28, 2006.

1. barcode148

barcode148 LawnSite Member

i live in western pa and would be doing a fall clean up with the whole nine yards i guess you can say. including bed clean up (mulch and rocks), re-edging, normal leaf clean up in the yard ,and hauling the debris. the area is somewhere around 30,000 sq ft. i was thinking it would take about 5-6hrs with two of us first cleaning out the beds and then mowing and loading up the leaves. so i was thinking around 350-400 dollars or 60 bucks and hour what do you think is this low high or about right? i tried a search but couldnt find much to help me. so thanks alot, ari

2. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

I think that's a little high, but if you think you'll get paid that, then go for it. I like to get 50/hr myself. I usually don't re-edge in the fall. This way in the spring when you edge, it makes the grass look that much better. Just my 2 cents...Dave

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

$60-$75 per man hour, plus dumping. Really depends on your equipment and setup. :)

4. barcode148

barcode148 LawnSite Member

my setup really only consists of push mowers, blowers, tarps, and a dump truck lol. also because were only 17 that may lower the price that we can ask. i was thinking somewhere around 50-60 and hour like stated before. thanks, ari

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Then yes I would agree that you would need to be on the low end. Maybe even $40-$50? Thats something that you have to look at as far as overhead and costs. Good luck! :)