cleanup project estimate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by timberho, Feb 15, 2005.

1. timberho

timberho LawnSite Member

starting up this year and have my first estimate tomorrow morning. she (an elderly woman) wants mow/trim, and aeration in the front BUT the back is apparently a mess-according to her some chainsaw work and alot of dump runs. i'm offering to do these cleanup jobs more for networking, having the truck in the neighborhood, etc. not very familiar with estimates for these types of jobs but would love to get this one because i'm not working right now and cant wait to start. havnt been to the site yet but i used to work alot in her subdivision-back yard is probably 3000-4000 sq ft. any suggestions on a fair price?

2. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

we quote brush removal or clean-up by the hour. 100.00 plus disposal charge.
    i may be overpriced but i generally don't do this type of work.

3. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I would estimate $60.00 per hour per man. and $75.00 for each dump run. The trick is knowing how long it will take. I would use this method to figure your price then add 20% to the total to cover your lack of experience. If you don't get it don't worry. Some of the best jobs are the ones you walk away from. If you work cheap you will be miserable and sorry. Don't fall for the poor old lady routine either. If you work for nothing you'll be the poor old man one day.

-Paul

4. timberho

timberho LawnSite Member

thanks new bomb good advice