1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cleanup w/ walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rosolar, Mar 27, 2006.

1. rosolar

rosolar LawnSite Member
    from Mass

what do walkers pick up during cleanups? Most of my lawns have small 3-8inch sticks all over, acorns, and some leafs. Will it cut up the sticks and suck them up? I have the dethatcher
  2. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

gets a lot of the small sticks, but not the acorns
  3. rosolar

rosolar LawnSite Member
    from Mass

how do you do your cleanups using a walker? With out one we end up blowing the few leaves that are left over, but for the twigs and sticks, raking is the only good answer. I bought a 2001 walker this off season and am waiting for it to get back from the service dealer. Had to start cleanups with out it. It has 1600 hrs. on the original engine, so it may have to be replaced. Should I replace it with a 20 or 25hp?
  4. rosolar

rosolar LawnSite Member
    from Mass

well, how do you guys go about a spring cleanup when you have a walker?
    We have spent alot of time manually raking or picking up stick/twigs that a blower or mower won't pick up.
  5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

it will get most of the sticks. if you get the walker dethacher it will get almost everything out of the lawn. forget the rakes.