Cleanups in the Rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Nov 20, 2003.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

How do you handle the rain during cleanup season. Alot of times we try to work through it, however when its bad we shut it down, takes too long, plus the guys hate it. Today is an off day, rain supposed to be here all day today....catch up tomorrow. You?

2. LocalTouch

LocalTouch LawnSite Member

Same deal with us. If its too bad, just take the day off. If it is just a slight drizzle, we can work through it. I wish it would stay dry for about a week, till we get all the clean ups completed!!! Oh well!!

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

100% chance of DOWNPOURS today!!!

I do equipment maintainence on crappy days, however i'm out of equipment to maintain now with all this rain we've had lately. :)

4. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

no work today! getting my plow's all set up.

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Pouring here today as well. Gonna catch up on some book work and do a few estimates. Still got quite a bit of work lined up and the calls are still comong. This weekend is supposed to be great weather so we'll bang out as much as we can.

6. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Cleanups in the rain....I wish thats all we had to deal with. We had an early snow fall of 4" of the white stuff. Cleanups are going to have to wait a while for us so it can melt, if it melts. Oh well plowing brings in better $$ anyway so at least we could still work.:D