cleanups this week??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Feb 25, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Heading into the first week of march here...looking out the window at some very very heavy lake effect snow.. I know cleanups wont begin here for another month atleast... Anyone out there starting cleanups and mulching this week? and if so whats your location..

2. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Already started out on my lawn today. Nice and 40 degrees out, a little windy down here, but decent.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

here in NJ I am still in the planning stage

4. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at a March 15th start if weather cooperates. I need about three weeks to complete cleanups and mulch before grass needs cutting.

5. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

If you start too early,all the neighbors leaves trash your places again.But I have to admit I am getting antsy.We are doing some trim work we could not squeeze in before early winter last year.And there is always prep work on equipment
    sales,and marketing.Gotta take a few days and play before crazy time hits.

6. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at starting on the 1st if weather co-ops. just need the nights to stay a little warmer. Time to get some payup coming in. Snow sure didn't this year. Haven't plowed since DEC. We usually start on an ave. around March 10-15.

7. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

What do ya know it's heading into the first week of March here too.+

Hoping to start on the first. Clean ups only. I'm not sure my supplier even has mulch in stock yet.

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope to start some clan ups this coming week.We were supposed to get a big snow event but it didn't happen. I am glad. I want to start work real soon.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly.....

10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I've got atleast a weeks worth of work to do on the trucks and equipment, getting stuff ready to move. I don't expect to do anything heavy until late March...

I hate it when I put equipment up in the fall that needs little things done. Ideally when Spring comes around I like to start everything up and just go. Not the case this year. It seems like Leaf saeson makes somethings just fall apart.