1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i was thinking about doing a 24hr storm clean ups wondering if anyone does anything like this. would i call the county to let them know im doing this kind of thing.
  2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that would be a great idea. I would call county officials, etc. and check licences if neccessary. That would make you more prof. We had a torn. about 8 years ago and in my part of the country it is un heard of. My area was in bad need for help and if you could find customers with home owners ins. coverage you will do super. I live around 140 miles west of Baltimore and when there is a bad storm a guy with just a chain saw will make out very well.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

yeah in NJ, jesus, youd need to have every liscense and insurance possible to even register for something like that. If i ever offered that i would advertise it on my own and hope word of mouth gets the business or advertisement in general.
  4. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

We have offered storm cleanups in every contract we have, commercial or residential. We afe in what is called typhoon alley, (hurricanes to statesiders) where we seem to rarely get missed. They bring lots of work for cleanup. Good money to be made with hard work.

We make use of rolo containers to haul debris away. Saves time and wear/tear on our equipment. I usually have a roll of chain for the saws used so that we never run out of fresh chain. Only sharpen after 10 are used as it is so quick with a nice grinder in the shop.

It has been the deal maker in several of our commercial contracts and highly demanded for residentials. No one wants to wait on the local gov't to get its gear moving. Take pictures to document debris removal amounts in case FEMA or insurance requires proof for claims.
  5. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

Doggone it, a daily double.