Clear-out replaces Roundup Pro

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JimLewis, Apr 14, 2003.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I was just curious if anyone else was using this new product. Last summer a new product came out called "Clear-Out". It is an identical replacement for "Roundup Pro" but at only 75% of the cost of Roundup. It's identical in it's composition to round-up Pro. Even includes the same amount of surfactant.

I know there are some LCOs and nurserymen who insist on Roundup. And that's cool. If you're stuck on them, great. But this is the same exact thing, just under a different name (The patent for Roundup finally ran out). And for those who don't mind changing brands and saving a significant amount of $, this is a great product. We've been using it for almost a year now.

I buy 2.5 gal. of Roundup Pro for $120. And 2.5 gal. of "Clear-Out" is only $88.00. A great deal as far as I am concerned. I like roundup and have used it for years. But I'll switch for THAT big of a discount. My loyalties only go so far..... :D

For more info, here is a brochure......
    http://www.agrisel.com/ClearoutBrochureForLandscapers.pdf

Anyone else been using this stuff?

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

never used it but will be asking my dealer about it for sure. Monsanto thinks that roundup is liquid gold and charges accordingly.:mad:

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed. They're like Pharmaceutical companies - they charge super high prices until their patent runs out and then they try to rely on name recognition to keep charging the same prices.

If your local dealer doesn't carry or won't carry it (some dealers have contracts with Monsanto NOT to carry it) then just check the link above and call for a local supplier. They have a toll-free number on that flyer where you can call and find out where a local supplier is.

4. Thanks Jim

Dave

5. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

WOW!!!

Thanks Jim!

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

What about Prosecutor from Lesco? Isn't that the same with a tracking marker? I've also seen glyphosate 41 in a local shop. That seems like a good price though.

7. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using one called Bucaneer. 2.5 gal. $79.00. I also add a little Hook to it and see results in 3 days. The Hook was very inexpensive. A qt. goes a long way. The qt bottle was just a few bucks.

8. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

If it has the same % of active ingredients go for it. I'll be checking with my supplier too.

9. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

I'm not one to argue with success. If Clearout offers the same
    residual as Roundup at the same rates and lower cost, have at it!

Just think about one thing. How many of your competitors claim
    to do the same thing you do for less money, but really don't?

Is it truly the same thing in the bottle? It's easy to make these claims weather you are cutting grass or killing it! Just be sure you are getting equal results!

10. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

I'm not one to argue with success. If Clearout offers the same
    residual as Roundup at the same rates and lower cost, have at it!

Just think about one thing. How many of your competitors claim
    to do the same thing you do for less money, but really don't?

Is it truly the same thing in the bottle? It's easy to make these claims weather you are cutting grass or killing it! Just be sure you are getting equal results!