Clearing 100 acres in Florida cost

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by getdown, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

ive seen 90hp skit steer chew through 8 inch tree kinda easy, big stuff you just go slow. With hydro you don't have to worry about stalling because the cutter will just stop and you just lift up. You could go all out through with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeTGrXm9F68

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I had a batwing but sold it. I didn't use it enough. I'm undecided on what I want to get into. A Ctl is the next step up but I'll need a bigger truck and trailer for what I'm looking at
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

In MD you can rent a RC 100 with head for 4500 a week. Have you looked at the Cat 259 ?

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Cat rents it cheaper than that. 259 is too small
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

Ya seems steep. Rc 50 is 950 a week here, but I don't know how much heads go for though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

If OP would post an address, We could get an aerial view on Google Maps.

7. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

The teeth on the head are over 100 each to replace. A 259 will run circles around a T190. I like the 259 as its not a huge machine but has plenty of power.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Do your parents have authority from the state to clear cut and raze 100 acres? Especially wetlands with Cypress on it. My next question is why? If you want 100 acres of pasture land then save a ton of money, preserve the wetlands and buy established pasture.

Zack- bush hog?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

I don't think he said anything about pasture. Maybe they got it cheap who knows.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You can't just convert wetlands to open field in FL. If you want open dry fields it is best if you buy old pasture or grove land.
    Posted via Mobile Device