1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Clearing out my extra equipment...

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by genesis215, Sep 29, 2008.

1. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I am selling off several pieces of homeowner-grade equipment as I now have commercial-grade equipment. Let me know if you are interested in any of them. I will post pics as soon as I have them.

1. 1999 Troy-Bilt 42" Riding Mower

16HP Kohler Command OHV engine. It runs great. I have had it 8 years and have had ZERO problems with it. It has an automatic transmission with pedal drive, so it drives like a car. The mower has 345 hours on it. Appearance wise, it is in fair to good condition. Not too much rust, but there is scuffed-up paint, and cracks in the plastic hood section. I just replaced the rear left tire and rim. It does need new blades. This would be a very reliable mower to pull a leaf vac with, or whatever else you might need it for. I am asking $550, but really don't know what it is worth, so make an offer.

2. 2007 Murray Hi-Wheel Trimmer/Mower

6.0HP Briggs & Stratton Quantum engine. Maybe used 10 hours. Has had a pop or miss in the exhaust ever since it was new. A new spark plug didn't fix it. Usually it also sputters out and dies after running for about 2-5 minutes, but sometimes it doesn't. A new spark plug fixes it for a couple hours, but then the problem resumes. I don't know what's wrong, but it is probably something simple. It uses alot of gas too. It is a very nice machine though in very good condition. It powers through very tough weeds and brush 5 feet tall with no problem. $100

3. 2006 Yard Machines String Trimmer

31cc 2-cycle engine, runs great. Curved shaft, very lightweight. Bump feed head, uses 0.80 line. 40:1 gas+oil ratio. Only been used a couple of hours. $40

2. genesis215

Here are the pics of the Troy-Bilt riding mower. It has been VERY well maintained, with Rotella oil, and anti-drainback valve oil filters it's whole life.

DSCN9096.JPG

DSCN9099.JPG

DSCN9100.JPG

DSCN9097.JPG

DSCN9101.JPG

3. genesis215

Pics of the Murray Trimmer/Mower:

DSCN9158.JPG

DSCN9159.JPG

DSCN9164.JPG

4. genesis215

And the pics of the string trimmer...

DSCN9160.JPG

DSCN9161.JPG

DSCN9162.JPG

DSCN9163.JPG

5. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you ever near the IL/IN state line? Is so, I have a good friend who lives near Merrillvile, Indiana who might be interested in some/all of your stuff.

PM me with how much you would need for the 1) TroyBilt rider & the Yard Machine string trimer or 2) All 3 items. I will call him with the info to see what he says. I will then get back with you.

Thanks,

Dave

6. genesis215

The trimmer is sold. I would take $600 for the package of the Troy-Bilt rider and Murray. Thanks for the reply! I don't get over to the IL/IN state line hardly at all, but if you know someone over that direction that has a 48" or 52" Scag hydro walk-behind or a 48" or 52" Great Dane Super Surfer, I would be interested in going.

7. genesis215

The Troy-Bilt is sold...