Cleveland, oh: Trailer stolen 4/10/14

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by mow king, Apr 14, 2014.

1. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Please keep an eye out!

Information is posted in this craigslist ad:
  2. PA GrassChoppers

PA GrassChoppers LawnSite Member
    from PA

Good luck, I know how it feels
  3. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Nice trailer. Hope you get it back soon
  4. JeffH1

JeffH1 LawnSite Member

Really sorry to hear that man. I'm about 45 minutes from you and will keep an eye out.

What exactly happened? Where was it at when it was stolen?
  5. mow king

It was in my yard in an industrial park behind a barb wire chain link fence. They took a cordless grinder and cut the lock off the fence. I had one of those locks you can't cut with a bolt cutter.

It was at 1130 at night on a rainy Thursday. No one was around any of the neighboring businesses...great time to steal.

I have the truck on camera but no plate number so police can't/won't do anything.
  6. JeffH1

JeffH1 LawnSite Member

Wow they must have really wanted it then. I'm sure someone will spot it, or at least I hope someone will. At least you got a good shot of the truck.
  7. cli99

cli99 LawnSite Member

Sorry about that. I'm in Mentor, only about 20 miles from Cleveland so I will keep an eye out for it.

8. mow king

UPDATE: It took a lot of "detective work" on my part - but I found the guy who stole my trailer. He was arrested, search warrant served and they found 3 stolen trailers, a stolen skid steer, tons and tons of tools that were inside of enclosed trailers that were stolen.

The "tool box" from my trailer, spare tire+wheel, ramps and all my chains+binders were found in his warehouse. My trailer was no where to be found.

Time will tell..but more than likely he scratched off the vin tag and the big tex markings and sold it.
  9. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin LawnSite Member

Sucks sorry to hear, my boat trailer was stolen couple years back while fishing at Edgewater, cops had video of trailer getting stolen by an Chevy Avalanche but wouldn't do much with the tape with the plate. I wish I had the money to have the video enhanced but it was costly.

Did the guy have any boat trailers?
  10. cli99

cli99 LawnSite Member

Well at least you found the thief and got back some things. That just sucks the trailer is gone, you are probably right that he sold it. So will insurance take care of it?