Client couldn't pay his bill, so....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by impactlandscaping, Nov 8, 2004.

1. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

he gave me a 1996 Honda Fourtrax 300 as payment for the work. Rather than go to court over a late payer again this fall, I accepted his quad as payment in full.... Have you ever taken anything as "payment" for an over due / pastdue balance to settle an account?

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

how much $$$ did he owe you?
    ;)

3. impactlandscaping

a little under a grand, Mark..I think I made out OK.I was thinking of selling it for the $$, but I am getting tired of walking to my treestands..LOL

4. GreenMonster

from NH

I don't know a lot about 4 wheeler values, but I'd say you made out ok. You could prolly sell it for a bigger profit! payup :D

5. impactlandscaping

Hey Mark, I just check the blue book value at www.kbb.com

Trade in value in good condition says 1500.00
    Retail is 2305.00

I think I could get 1500.00 out of it easily, but like I said I may keep it. Might come in handy..

6. GreenMonster

from NH

Cool. :cool:

All my huntin' buddies have em, so sounds like you worked your way into something you needed anyhow :)

7. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Then you get the cops at the door turns out it's stolen. lol
    just kidding :drinkup:

8. Joeatv

Joeatv LawnSite Member

Impact;
    Ihave a 1998 4 trax 300 2 wheel drive plus 2 polaris 500 & 700 4 wheel drives. That little Honda is very versitile. I have a plow for mine & it plows very well if the snow isn't too deep or wet. I use them on my property all the time hauling about anything. I think you made out quite well imho. Even though you out in the elements plowing it is fun & easy to make $$$ with. I just throw a couple bags of rock salt on the back for weight & spreading. Good deal.

Joe

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got a 21" snapper (one model under the commical verison) for cutting a lawn just once. It was like new. They were moving and they didn't need it at their new house. (I was 14 at the time) Used it for a year and sold it for $200. The funny part the lawn was only a $35 lawn.

I got $200 worth of free pizza cards for a $100 worth of snow plowing. etc.

I have had a ton of offers. Really good seats at foot ball games, base ball games, etc. A bunch of cheap lawn mowers, riding tractors, etc. But nothing other that was really worth it.

10. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah that is a good deal--too bad some people here will grill you over that--they think if its not cash its not payment.

I've been given all sorts of machinery for work. Even if it is cheap junk I use it until its no more good to make more money since cheapo stuff is so hard to sell, such as Homelites, Craftsmans, and MTD's. If its nice stuff I use it then sell it for a decent profit.