Client Liability Waiver Form for Aeration

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmc456, Sep 22, 2003.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to start doing aerations this fall and need a liability waiver for clients to sign for burried / non visible items that might be damanged.

What does everyone do about phone and cable lines? I'm going to have the owners mark all sprinkler heads etc..., but what about utilities or anything else that is underground?
    I know these should be deeper than 4" but I also know this is seldom the case.

Thanks

David

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sprinkler heads and invisible dog fence are main worries. If cabel and phone aren't burried deep enough they need to come out and repair (their dime).

3. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have thier clients sign a waiver when doing aerations. I know they really don't mean anything, but it will deter most people if something should happen. That is, something other than complete negligence on the part of the operator.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I don't but it's probably a good idea. On the other hand, are you going to scare off potetnial clients with the idea of you hitting stuff?

5. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't let anybody on my property that wanted a waiver signed! That's why I carry insurance or so I thought?

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that you cya if you have heads/ boxes marked. The invisible fence is a tough call. Chances of actually screwing it up aren't that great. As far as phone/cable, improperly burried low voltage (non-conuit, etc) not your problem!

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob, if the chances are really small for hitting dog fences, i must have had horible luck this spring. I had to re install a complete system of approximately 400 feet. There are crapy fence systems out there that residents install...usually to shalow.