client needs help with her flower beds(need your opinions)

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Outdoor_Maintenance_2010, May 4, 2010.

1. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010 LawnSite Senior Member

a client call and said she needed help with her flower beds and to mow

now i went on google street view to see what i was expecting and this is what i saw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what should i do to make this look clean?,,,,any tips

2. Stevegotcrabgrass

Stevegotcrabgrass LawnSite Member

tell her to fix the lawn first...that would be money better spent in my opinion. Then I would see if there is anything worth saving in the exiting beds. Clean all else out, and start fresh.

3. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

yea i do agree that the lawn looks terrible, i have to see how much shes willing to spend on all of this...

4. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

1st pic: i would take out the whole rock border bed and all those weeds and make the whole grass/weed area a full bed. put weed sheet down, flowers or/shrub, then mulch it.

2nd pic: keep the monkey grass or whatever, rip out that cheap black border strapping, extend the beds out another 1/2foot, edge and add mulch. and take out that "stone slab to nowhere!"

3rd n 4th: same thing...rip out that black strapping and create a rock/ cobblestone border. weed the shittt outta it and add mulch. id clear out the beds alot. too crowded.

thats probly the cheapest solution to a quick clean-up. DEF needs work on the lawn if she wants it to look really nice tho. Im sure people have different ideas, but thats my 2cents from lookin quickly

5. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

yea the first pic,the asphalt there is where the road starts,,so extending it might not be a good idea since the snow accumalates there in the winter

pic 2 are day lily"s

6. Stevegotcrabgrass

Stevegotcrabgrass LawnSite Member

looking closer at the pics, it looks like there are some hostas you might be able to split. These will fill in and cost you $0....just a thought???

7. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That lawn is a complete kill and reseed. There is no saving that thing