Client passed today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GraZZmaZter, Aug 15, 2003.

1. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, i just found out today. She passed away Tuesday. Went to mow today and her daughter was here from NJ. She told me what happened and it was quite a shock.

She had lung cancer apparently. Last year she told me that she liked to smoke! Evendetly is was the death of her.

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear about you losing a client. Hopefully there was not any suffering involved in her passing.

Gravely_Man

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Sorry About That. I Do Know How You Feel.
    John

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

OK, This the first that died on you?

All part of life man

Last year I lost a cousin, aunt, uncle and 3 very close family friends.

Every month of the year there is a death within my list of clients. I don't even remember how many years this has been going on.

Customers are not family, most cetainly don't become to friendly. Always maintain a business relationship

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It seems the longer we service the account, the harder it is to hear that the customer died.
    We deal with a lot of elderly, so losing customers in this way is nothing new to us. This year we lost too many to count due to death.
    Normally we will go on servicing the account for awhile because it takes awhile to get the house on the market and then sold.
    Sometimes we even end up continuing our service when the new homeowners move in.

6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

We lose a couple each year. Everyone here has at least one foot in the grave. This year lost one to cancer, another with a heart attack, and the last one had a different cancer. I still do them all as their wives still live in the homes. It is a bad deal so I at least send a card and if I really like them flowers.:D

7. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

nelbuts, could you please give me some idea of what you include in these cards. I have had a few pass and never done anything. I wish i would have but never knew what to send.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

hope her account was paid up to date, hate to have to barge into funeral, "ok, whos responsible for this bill.?"

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Bobby

You slip the invoice in with the mass card

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Have!