Client sign up by text message?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by S&M Lawn Care, May 8, 2007.

1. S&M Lawn Care

S&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Today I got a text message from someone who wanted my basic weekly service. I texted her back and boom i landed the account. Easiest pick-up of my life. Has anyone else ever used text messaging to get a client?

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That is weird just something about not seein and meeting with the person face to face i guess i am old fashion but i like to walk the property if at all possible with the people and discuss other things like mulch and flower everyhting else that we can do kind of a way to sell the lawn service and introduce our other services but if this works for you then go for it as long as they pay the bill i dont care if i dont meet them

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I have gained quite a bit of business from people via e-mail this season. Most of the clients I have picked up I haven't met face to face yet. I always like to at least talk to them by phone before I begin services just to know we are all on the same page but I have quite a few clients who I have never seen before. I have yet to have a client text message me though!

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats awesome, wish they were all that easy.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, but one of several folks who filled out the estimate form on my web site turned out like that, was kinda neat.

6. bullethead

bullethead LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Sign em up all the time by email, never talk to them, never seen their yard - it's great.