Client Termination letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ryan41, Jun 14, 2014.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

p.s.
    The changes only affected my ability to mow your lawn. For some strange reason, I will still be able to mow the other 6 lawns on your street.

:D

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Well said.

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with this. Pita clients can steal the joy and benefits of being in this business.

My biggest regrets in this biz have to do with bending over backwards for difficult and/or cheap bean counter clients. It never works out...and it never gets better.

Also trying to chase the financially
    challenged fixed and/or limited income retired folks because they live in a community and there is built in market density.

Also clients who consistently come unglued when you show up late due to weather or life event.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

That is exactly right the changes in my personal and professional life (which are none of your business, therefore I explain nothing to you) are that I am done taking crap off of manipulative snot bags such as you...

5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I sent the short and sweet termination statement In a text once. Worked perfect. The less energy you waste on this account the better.

6. Exact Rototilling

+1.

Zero point in dragging it out. Short an sweet and move on. When you drive by be sure to wave.
    :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

Dear PITA,
    Thank you for the past 2 years of business. At this time I will not be able to meet/exceed your expectations and will regretfully have to cancel your service by XX/2014.

I've used this in the past and it works great.

8. Exact Rototilling

Dear PITA. :laugh:

The rest of the letter is almost being a tad bit too nice. Kinda sound like their expectations where realistic or the service wasn't good enough.

Another way to do it is to dramatically raise the clients rate per mow. Come up with a figure where the extra $ is worth the hassle. Issue is it puts the power in their court to cancel. Probably be better to just can her. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Be a man and just tell her face to face and why

10. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I found the last thing you want to do is p!ss them off. If you keep it nice, they really have nothing bad to say about you. They may think my service wasn't good enough....but who cares because I'm getting rid of them. But if you raise rates or get into an argument, they can ruin your reputation. I'd rather make it seem like I can't do the job right rather than have them smear my name.