Client wants Shrubs Installed, Needs Samples of Shrubs, HELP!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by italialawns, Feb 13, 2006.

1. italialawns

italialawns LawnSite Member

We have a client who wants shrubs installed in the yard, but she wants to see a sample set of shrubs to pick them, could anyone give me links and such with samples and the name of the shrubs or images of shrubs with classification, so that i could go about showing the person the samples of it, thanks

Dom

2. cpritch

cpritch LawnSite Member

I would take her to a nursery. Since it's February though and most of the deciduous shrubs will look dead, you can ask your nursery who their supplier is and go to the supplier's website. Sometimes they have pictures, sometimes it's just a plant list. The nurseries I am going to be working with purchase most of their plants from Monrovia - www.monrovia.com.

The other thing you can do is invest in a good book with plants/flowers/trees/shrubs for your area. :)

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

like he said. :rolleyes:

I have a setup with my company and the nursery that the client can go tag all the shrubs at the nursery and we'll take care of the rest.

4. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

5. Thistle

Thistle LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

To avoid all the indecision and conversation about what type of plant and where to put them, I have my customers go buy thier own and put the plant exactly where they want them. Then I just come along and stick them in the ground. If they cannot haul the plants I will. But I dont get involved in the placement unless they want to do something dumb. Im also not charging extra for this either.

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

augghhhh!!!What did you say???THistle are you nuts?
    You wanna tell Sheshovel why you do not charge for planting plants?

7. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

why do you work for free?? Just like BobbyG would say..."keep draggin your knuckles"