Clinton Engine...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rockytopp, Aug 16, 2006.

1. rockytopp

rockytopp LawnSite Member

Hey to all,
    I have just picked up a Cinton three hp. horizontal engine, I has set on a shelf for the last twelve years, so I was told. I need to find a source for carburator kit
    for this engine.
    The numbers on the Carb are as follows. On the left side of choke lever are LCM (embossed) then 82 stamped,
    On the right side by choke lever are Stamped 270-0961.
    This is all on the carburator,
    I am not sure how Clinton put their Model numbers on or where, I have looked and can not find markings like is on a briggs. no tag, no plate if it was its gone.
    I is a three horse power, has decal stateing where it was made plus the three horse power decal.
    I did find these numbers embossed on the engine base Fly wheel side. 900-0022-00.
    If any one has a clue as to where or who to contact for parts for this critter I would really be thankful.
    best wishes to all.
  2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I haven't seen a Clinton engine sine I removed one from a 1972 Troybilt tiller. Clinton has been out of business for some time but I'm relatively sure the LCM carburetor is from Walbro. In searching the Walbro site the LCM is no longer listed. Some Tecumseh parts will work for carb rebuild.

631028-bowl gasket
    631021-needle and seat
    27110-bowlnut gasket or possibly 631334
    27554-Oring seals on idle and power screws

My memory isn't what it used to be but I think most of the part numbers are correct.

I would pull carb and take it to a Tecumseh dealer to verify what I have suggested. Check throttle shaft for excessive wear before you spend any money on rebuilding.

This info may/may not help.

3. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Try contacting Andy at Sisler Small Engines in Dubuque Iowa. He deals in obsolete parts and has purchased many old shops inventory. Phone # 563-582-8551. I think he is open from 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. central time. Good luck