Clip and Lawn Monkey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TruGreenDedLawn, Aug 17, 2001.

1. TruGreenDedLawn

TruGreenDedLawn Banned

I've search and couldn't find what I want to know

I am desperate for a good program

I do chem. apps. and mowing and so on

Clip: I still cant see spending over $3,000 for a program

Lawn Monkey: price is ok but still high but I would get it

Now I have to get the larger programs to fit my needs so the cheeper ones wont work

I've demo'ed both and both are so confusing

Was it easy to change to the program?

Does it do what you wanted?

Routing is it easy? or do I have to route it for it? and how does it route?

Was it hard to learn to use?

Do you have a Quickbooks link for it?

And my big problem the computer my biz is in is filled so I will have to use a new computer (which is the one I'm on now)

Please help with this dilemma.

THANX

2. I would like to know too

LGF:blob1:

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

You can go right to the Lawn Monkey forum here on Lawnsite and ask, you can probobly get an answer straight from the company or people that are using the software.

You'll probobly get a better response there.

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Your best bet at getting quick answers to your many questions is to go to both websites and look at the information that they give you. Im sure that both sites will be informative on your search.

We use Lawn Monkey and it is very easy. Plus you have #1 support in case you get stuck.

5. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

LoneStar, I though you were using Real Green?

6. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out www.medlin.com for their accounts receivable program. It's only $35 for that module and you can add other modules as you need them. The program is completely customizable for any service business and it's small, not taking up much hardrive space. In addition to all this you can e-mail invoices and statements from within the program. You can download a trail copy from their website and try it before you buy it. I've been using it since I started this business and haven't found a better program yet. One thing it doesn't have is routing. If you have less than 100 accts like me you can write them down on a index card for each day of the week.

7. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We were looking into Real Green, but decided to try Lawn Monkey for a year and we are glad that we did.

8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

CLIP - great software, great people, great support. Something as important as management software for any growing business should not be determined merely by price alone. CLIP Sensible Software is a leader in this industry and its involvement only helps its clients. Everyone has their preferences - their comfort zones, so to speak. Over 7,000 green industry professionals use CLIP Software and that's not an accident. They will answer any questions you have, and in the process eliminate any doubts. Check them out at www.clip.com or call them at 800-635-8485.

Sean Adams

9. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a friend using clip and he says it is the best. I will demo at his place just to see it being put through it's paces and let ya know what I see.

10. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

The thing that drives me crazy about clip: When you call for tech support you can never talk to anybody then, you have to wait for them to call you back! I've rarely had to wait more than an hour for this , But when I have a problem i dont want to wait, I want answers. If I did that to my customers they would be out the door!