1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

clip and qxpress

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by james3131, Feb 19, 2008.

1. james3131

james3131 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a software program. Does anyone know the difference between CLIP and Qxpress? Which program do you recommend and why?
  2. Trader Rick

Trader Rick LawnSite Member

If you are running Quick Books I would say go with QXpress. QXpress was designed to be used with Quick Books. We purchased the program this winter and we love it. We have used it for snow removal and ice melt apps. It is so sweet to use. All of our accounts merged from QBooks into QXpress seamlessly. No hassle, no re-entry of data. Down load it and give it a test drive, (free) The program does a lot. We bought the Platinum level. Glad we did.:usflag::weightlifter::usflag:
  3. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I will go into my 3rd season w/ QXpress. Love it as well I keep getting smarter with the power of it, but I found out this winter runnung reports that I act. lost money on 2 accounts this year. and which ones I need to raise higher than most. Great support. Have always been able to help me with 1 call per problem. None in the software, just me using it :dizzy:
  4. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

i also have a high opinion of QX. i doubt know how it compares to clip, never had the reason to. program is dependable, syncs perfect in real-time with quickbooks (i.e. if you add a customer or item or employee in either program it is instantly in the other program).

really cuts down time in the office, and reduces chances of errors. going back to excel and qb by itself would be like going back to dark ages,and you won't really get it...till you get it.

as long as you find ANY program that automates your business efficiently, then you are good. but if you use QuickBooks, use QXpress.

SLCINC LawnSite Member

I am new to both Qbooks and Qxpress, just bought both recently. I have not yet started using them because I am not sure how. I have all customers inserted with balances, and use qbooks to insert payments, however I am not sure how to begin to use qxpress. Any suggestions?
  6. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

qxpress has some pretty good training videos on their website. I would start there.

i too used qxpress and thought it was great and should have spent some more time learning all of the features i mainly used it for the routing/ scheduling/ billing
  7. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

The first year I did the same then when summer slowed a bit i learned more, then Winter learned more. But during winter try to learn as much as possible. It is amazingly Powerful and becoming the most important software that I bought it to be. Start w/ the videos but don't hesitate to call support. 1 thing I like is that you can program it to set a route for different services rather than the basic complete route. I use that for snow plowing and it's wonderful.
  8. selaeration

selaeration LawnSite Member

I bought the Groundskeeper pro fromAdkad and am sorry. Poor support and very cumbersome to use. Don't go that route.
  9. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

10. Caterpillar

Caterpillar LawnSite Member

With QXpress are you guys using their forms for your invoices, reports, and work orders? Are they worth getting? I just started using the program and am still trying to find our what route I like the best. Using the preprinted forms or editing the templates.