Clip Vs Lawn Monkey Discussion ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Administrator, Jan 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

That discussion was getting way out of line. It had turned into a spitting contest.

If you guys want to interact directly with the companies and get product FACTS go to http://www.turfmfg.com and communicate directly with reps of Clip and LawnMonkey and leave a discussion.

When it comes to manufacturer products we are going to have to stick directly with facts only. If this starts to get out of control I will have to do something about it.

I know you guys hate any and all censorship but both of these companies sponsor LawnSite.com. My hosting, software, and programming fees are expensive and without sponsors you can say bye to LawnSite.com

2. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion, censorship is a great thing for this forum. It also helped to make an "off topic" forum to keep some of the off topic stuff and some of the political stuff off of the lawn care forum. Great job!

3. JVS

JVS LawnSite Member

The thread did generate over 1000 views with 2 pages of replies. I thought it was interesting sorry you felt it was getting out of hand.

Joe

4. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

There WAS good information in that post. The manafacturers had a chance to step in and set the facts straight about their respective products.

Who is to decide what is fact and what is not about a product? How would they know if they have not used that product extensivly?

I am wondering if that discussion would have been deleated if neither of the two were sponsers of this site?

5. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think that the one manafactuer that deserves a "pat on the back" is Wright Manafacturing. They have a person that posts to this site, and sets apart fact from siction about that companies products. If we had more of that type of representation, we would not have to delete posts just to satisfy sponsers.

6. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

SO I can't view that post anymore or what? My internet was not working so i missed out on the rest of the discussion.

Is there anyway i can veiw the rest of the discussion?

Tony

7. JVS

JVS LawnSite Member

I am a little ashamed we cannot express our thought (as long as its clean )and not a bashing contest to these moguls who we spend our hard cash for . We may have touched a nerve somewhere, and Maybe I am wrong but I thought the point of me starting the thread was to get info on a product I wanted to be BEFORE buying it. Before this site I was unable to do this. I own Clip so if I want to express my feeling honestly and cleanly why can't I.

Joe

8. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

If I need honest info on these or any product I come here. I know I'll get the old "Its a great program you wont be sorry" from both companies. I need ammo from all that go through the plusses and negatives with any product. Thats why I come here. I realize keeping a site running is difficult. Keeping others happy is even harder. All I'm saying is that when Lawnsite gets bigger dont let politics run the system!

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Listen people, there are no politics here. I am Alpha and Omega. The thread has not been deleted. I moved it over to the moderator forum so I could read through it and decide what to do.

This has nothing to do with sponsorship of any kind. Read the posting guidelines. Opinions are like a**holes. We need cold hard facts when it comes to manufacturer
    products. I seen to many this product is best, far superior, etc.. Do you have facts to back that up? Have you completely used all aspects of both products in comparison?

I can understand a post that says I use Acme Product and it works great for my company. My company consists of 3 crews, $375,000 in gross sales, etc.. etc.

But, when people start bashing a product that they don't know anything about how does that make it easy for a person to make a decision about a product? This goes back to Ford vs Chevy crap.

RE; Wright Mfg. will not be posting here anymore until they put up sponsorship money. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars and high monthly hosting and programming fees to keep LawnSite.com up and running FREE to members. How fair is it for a manufacturer that is worth millions to take advantage of this resource? Do you realize how much they spend in print advertising in a year? Will it
    kill a manufacturer to fork over a little $$ LawnSite.com's way?

Sponsors such as Clip and LawnMonkey can feel free to post anytime they want. Sponsors such as them have made sure we all have LawnSite.com to use.

Don't forget to use TurfMfg.com if you want to communicate directly with sponsored manufacturers.

Until I decide to do with that thread take it easy and understand my point of view please. I literally spend up to 16 or more hours a day on the internet and the last thing I need is a headache.

10. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I COMPLETELY agree with you Chuck. I am glad to see that you are standing up to these people. Thank you so much for your 16 hours a day as well....it seems like you and the staff are doing a superb job to me.
    Maybe you should set up some kind of donation link on the home page where you can let the members donate, if they wish, some money as a token of our appreciation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.